Lesson 0 / Assy 101

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat May 29 06:22:01 GMT 1999

| Standard operating procedure in the software world.  It's an extention
| of "If it's not broke, don't mess with it."  Equivalent to adapter
| brackets in the mechanical world.

Well, done adapter brackets are an art form of simplicity.
Look at the Roush, Wilson, Tilton, Brock, and you'll notice what excellent
verus the rest of the world is.  There are more, but you'll know see the
difference after looking enough.  Loads for brackets in tension, or
compression, with no bending loads, etc. etc..
  If their was a meeting of the minds, of these disciplines, IMHO, the code
would be a min., and maybe redunant not a quilt of patches.
  Yep, I'm ignorant about code,  but look at G Bignotti's Indy car stuff.
Sorry for the tangent.
  What gets me, is the 31.x sec random injector pulse in the syty code.
Like forgeting to torque a rod cap...
Grumpy