More ???s

steve ravet Steve.Ravet at arm.com
Mon May 31 21:06:29 GMT 1999

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> This series of numbers apprear to be the end of the tables, right?.
> Why when dissa. did the first 0 get changed to 9?.

Not sure what 0 and 9 you're referring to here...

> 94F7            .byte   0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00
> 94FF            .byte   0x00
> 9500    L9500:  jsr     LD776
> 9503            ldaa    L01E6
> 9506            cmpa    #0x28
> 9508            bcs     L950C
> 950A            adda    #0x9C
> 950C    L950C:  rts
> 950D    L950D:  lds     #0x02FF
>
> FFE2            .byte   0x01,0x84,0x00,0x6D
> FFE6    VECTE6: .word   E6VECT
> FFE8    VECTE8: .word   E8VECT
> FFEA    VECTEA: .word   EAVECT
> FFEC    VECTEC: .word   ECVECT
> FFEE    VECTEE: .word   EEVECT
> FFF0    VECTF0: .word   F0VECT
> FFF2    VECTF2: .word   F2VECT
> FFF4    VECTF4: .word   F4VECT
> FFF6    VECTF6: .word   F6VECT
> FFF8    VECTF8: .word   F8VECT
> FFFA    VECTFA: .word   FAVECT
> FFFC    VECTFC: .word   FCVECT
> FFFE    RSTVEC: .word   RESET
>
> Someone has stated that the CPU starts reading at the last entry,  OK if it
> says reset, where does it reset to?.

If you look through the disassembled code you should see a label called
"RESET".  That's the reset vector.  In the 748 bin I looked at the reset
vector also marked the end of the tables/beginning of code.

Or you can look at the bin itself.  The very last two bytes taken as a
16 bit value are the reset address.  That should be the same as the
address of the RESET label in the disassembly.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com