Exhaust stink

Mike Rolica mrolica at meridian-mag.com
Mon Nov 1 19:43:19 GMT 1999

Read what I said!   Improper operating egr!!!  Yes h2so4 is  the smell and
is usually due to high combustion temperatures & excess fuel!  Which can be
because of improper operation of egr Cyl combustion temps, or combustion in
cat converter.   Have you ever been behind buddy who is got his car floored?
Smells like eggs too.  I.e. PE mode.  You never smell that on startup, just
after the engine is warm i.e. cat no yet lit.
No cat on my winter beater, (84 olds cutlass 305) but smelled like rotten
eggs.  Egr was closed all the time  Results in higher combustion temps, when
it is supposed to be operating.  I was just saying that  idle= cat convert
from rich condition at idle (cat is trying too burn off excess fuel)  WOT/
part t  egr not opening
(if applicable) and also cat.    Cat equipped cars will always smell a
little like eggs.  The reduce nox's and hydrocarbons but h2so4 increases!
Mike Rolica
EXT. 260
 :-)