808<->165 on TPI for MAP<->MAF

Peter Gargano peter at ntserver.techedge.com.au
Tue Nov 2 04:11:00 GMT 1999

While we're talking about 808 <-> 165 - has anyone got

1. A good commented disassembly of either (or both!) - Donations
   gratefully accepted.

2. Know how to convert the 808 to the 165 (difference is
   that the 808 is missing the 165's high speed UART for 8192
   baud ALDL)? - by convert I mean using a generic chip(s) (1 or
   more) rather than the Delco chip. (I know there are commercial
   organisations that do this conversion - don't know what they
   use tho', probably the Delco part?)

I have a couple of 808s (thanks to another list member) and
I'd like to collate some of the collective wisdom regarding
the '808, '165 (and '227)- and make this publicly available to list
members.

(note: this is a long term project... first step is to collect what
currently exists). I'd also like to talk to other like-minded
collectors/experimenters. I have started by collating some '808
ALDL information - at

    http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/index.htm

regards,
--