EGT sensors

DC Smith morepoweral at tetranet.net
Wed Nov 3 23:32:23 GMT 1999

The ultimate would be one with say.. 6 inputs (8 for the V-8 crowd)..
with individual memory recall of max EGT for every cylinder.
 I have a OMEGA meter with a K type thermocouple right before the turbo.
The meter is big and ugly (read REALLY UGLY big YELLOW fluke type meter
:) ) laying in the car, but it has max EGT recall on it, and is fast.

CSH-HQ wrote:

> The plans I've seen weren't worth much for auto use.
> Westech, makes a number of guages, primarily for aircraft use, you might
> have luck in Oz going to an airport where they do general aviation repair.
> Grumpy
>
> >>Anyone know of an EGT sensor kit or plan as was done with the
> >>led O2 sensor
> >>TIA
> >>Geoff Richards
> >
> >I don't know of any "kits", but, Barry Grant Industries, for one, sells EGT
> >probes and gauges. LOTS of heavy truck and aircraft stuff out there,
> >although I suspect that these have a slower response rate than race car
> >oriented stuff. Better probe durability probably goes along with the slower
> >response rate, since probe mass is a critical part of the response rate.
> >
> >Regards, Greg

Dan Smith      84 Regal   11.841 at 115.09     GSCA# 1459
St.Charles, Missouri
mailto:morepoweral at tetranet.net
http://www.tetranet.net/users/morepoweral