The Mystery Motor (Repco V8)

John_Calabrese at ENGELHARD.COM John_Calabrese at ENGELHARD.COM
Thu Nov 4 16:18:41 GMT 1999

Ross,
Thanks for the info, but I now know the motor is a pontiac 5.0-liter sceduled
for SCCA racing in america.  Don from this mailing list (thanks don!)  proved it
to me by faxing me a picture of my motor from a pontiac book.  I know its my
motor 'cause the book said there was only one in existance residing at general
motors institute, which is where I got it from.  Now my search led me to John
Delorean, who was in charge of the project at the time.  He said he remembered
the motor, but didn't have the specifications on it, and to check with REPCO.
I'm in the US, calling to austrailia blindly would be a costly exercise.  Does
your dad have a contact that might have acess to the specifications on this
motor?  I'm talking about everything - bearing dimensions, crankshaft & cam
specs, etc.  everything needed to rebuild this thing.  I have already found
someone to rebuild the lucas injection system, but before I take it apart, I
want to know the necessary dimensions for a rebuild.  Thanks to anyone and
everyone that can help.