Eprom programing w/ GM memcal

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Thu Nov 4 20:54:50 GMT 1999

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, James Wilson wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Can someone tell me the procedure for programing a 27C256 Eprom (28 Pin)
> soldered inside the GM memcal (ECM #16159278). I think I would need an
> adaptor that you could plug the 66 pin socket  into with a 28 pin to plug
> into the programmer. Is something like that available? Also is there another
> source (besides GM) for the memcal Eprom combination, I would like to have a
> spare for future programming.

Buy a 50 pin IDC socket, adjust was necessary with a dremel (or other
similar tool), and plug in the half of the 66 pins that are the EPROM
into it and line the wire wrap socket (50IDC wire wrap socket) up
properly in the programmer.

DOing that, you will only need to remove the top of the memcal and
remove the material covering the window on the eprom to erase the
eprom.   To get it to work in teh eraser you will need to adjust teh
eraser to work with the top off (it takes about 5 minutes with a
paperclip and some tape to make itwork without the top on for the one
I have).

If you want I can send you a picture.   I also have a 16159278 in a 93
F-body, and I have some info about it on my web page

		http://www.hit.net/~rah

			Roger