Alex's OBD 2 scan tool ,groupe buy?

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 5 17:07:38 GMT 1999

At 11:51 AM 11/5/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm a little slow here, but I am also interested in an OBD II scan tool if
>it is
>reasonable.  Also I thought that OBD II was the same for GM, Ford and Crys.
>Wasn't that the glory of OBD II?

The codes that it uses are the same, but the protocol for communication can
be any one of the three spelled out in the OBD-2 "standard", either
10.4Kbps VPW (GM), 41.6Kbps PWM (ford) or ISO-9141-2 (Chrysler/foreign makers).

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!