Engine Blow up/CSH,HQ still closed no efi

CSH-HQ nacelp at jvlnet.com
Fri Nov 5 18:46:54 GMT 1999

Back in 75 (19 not 18), used to work at a shop, where we did Fiat work, ie
cast our own cylinder heads etc.  One of the shop toys, was a Fiat 600D
That we built a sliding pillar front suspension for, and installed a VW
gear box, with webster gears, then for motorvation we built a Fiat DOHC
4 cyl for it.  On gas with webers ran 12.0s, but never a 11..  Well, driver
thought it had an 11 in it...  Going the the lights (top end) car went quite.
Spider webed the block with cracks in addition to many holes, tore the oi
pan to shreds.  Intake+carbs were saved.

Worst blown engine was at Pocamo (?), when with BRE (Datsun), we lost an
engine.  Blew up so violently broke the carb bodies/intake manifold, tied
dip stick around crank, not one useable part left, never did get the timing
chain untangled.
Grumpy

Just found out I'm in rejection, won't be leaving for a while <sigh>....