Free ALDL Software

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 5 18:55:07 GMT 1999

>It is written for Windows 95/98/NT and requires data be input to the PC via
>the serial port. (Using a TTL to RS232 converter like a MAX232 circuit)

BTW, I've now got the printed circuit boards for these circuits. I've had a
bit of a price adjustment (dropped a hair), and the prices are $10 for just
the bare printed circuit board, $35 for a loose kit of parts, and $50 for
the fully assembled & tested unit. These do not include OBD connectors -
they terminate in a DB25M connector. Included in the kit or in the assembled
unit is a 10' DB9F/DB25M cable, the null modem enclosure based circuit board
(DB25F/DB25M enclosure with RS232 input and ALDL output), and a cigarette
lighter adapter cord for power.

I'm building them for the LT1 programming project, but have quite a few.

As for OBDI or OBDII connectors, I recommend the AutoXray web site.
(www.autoxray.com) - on the right hand side, under "Cables", OBDI is $29.99,
OBDII is $34.95. I am going to purchase some for the F-body guys, cut the
ends off, and solder on a DB25F connector with hood. If you're interested in
a whole cable from me (DB9 to OBDI or II), drop me a line off-list. The
reason we're going top quality cable here is that the plan for my cable is
to reprogram the LT1 PCM - and you don't want a noisy cable dropping bits on
the floor for you. ;)

Anyhow, if you're interested in board, kit, or unit, let me know.

-Andrew