Two TBI units, one ECM

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at idirect.com
Sun Nov 7 04:09:45 GMT 1999

Ummmm..............the "749"  houses two 4/1 Amp peak&hold injector current
drivers, which were originally intended to drive two individual parallel
sets of 2/.5 Amp peak&hold Rochester port injectors.  This particular box
was expected to drive the the two pairs of injectors in either SSSF or SSDF
port fuel mode.  Both electrically, and programatically, this is entirely
different than what is required for dual channel TBI control, especially if
you want to run "twin" TBI's.

For "twin" TBI's, your best bet is to procure a TBI box, and add an external
2-input to 4-output 4/1 Amp peak&hold injector driver box.  All of the other
electrical and programatic options are serious compromises, no matter the
cost savings.  Remember, each TBI injector expects to see 4/1 Amps for
proper operation and control.

Walt.