Using TBI on moded 5.7

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Mon Nov 8 11:36:34 GMT 1999

Mike Vannorsdel wrote:

> Well the problems I'm facing now is erratic idle and poor throttle response.  I
> have tried the timing at 0 and 10 with a little added power at 10 but no fixes
> to the problems.  The TBI is used and I'm not sure on the condition of IAC(it
> does work but I don't know how well).  The TPS reading at idle is .78v which is
> high
No, it's ok.  Spec is .2v-.95v
and at WOT it's 3.8v which is low.
No, not enough to worry about.  Check to ensure throttle is opening
all the way to make yourself feel better.

I replaced the TPS and now have added a
> hesitation, voltage is the same.  At idle the injectors seem to be giving way
> too much fuel(it almost puddles on the throttle plates).
This seems like too much.
 The MAP is new and
> there are no vacuum leaks.
What's your vacuum reading?  Do you have a stock reading to compare
with?
The TPS doesn't seem adjustable.
Nope, it's not.
 I'm not sure if
> the problem is TPS, injector, or both.
Or...
The engine cruises fine.  I'm just
> looking for smooth running and have faced the fact that I won't be able to get
> max performance from it with the stock ecm.
Replace the word "ECM" with "calibration" and you'll be on the right
track.

 I have the data on the engines best
> performance level but am unfamiliar with prom programming and don't have the
> equipment.
Best performance level?  What type of data?

Ya know, for about the same price as an intake + cam kit, you could be
making your own chips.
Shannen

I wanted to start a CSH distributorship, since I had so many around.
I couldn't sell any at a profit though, my cost had been way too high.