TPI vs PFI terminology

CSH-HQ nacelp at jvlnet.com
Mon Nov 8 12:14:57 GMT 1999

>> ... the 808 is an ECM used in
>> Australia, on their Holdens.  The 808 just happens to be the same as
>> a 1227165.  In their application it's TPI, with MAP rather than MAF.

TPI/PFI,  is more marketing then anything else in my book, when folks
mention TPI, I happen to first think of the setup they started in 85 with
the v-8,
here in US with the long runners.

Just to screw with the system, they also had Cross Fire Injection.
So CFI can be both. Central Fuel Injection.

Cross fire used two single TBs on a v-8.
HTH
Grumpy

>Now my 1227808's label says "3.8L PFI", and the DIY_EFI acronyms
>page at:
>
>   http://efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu/diy_efi/efi_ref.html#acronyms
>
>says...
>
>PFI = Port Fuel Injection
>
>TPI = Tuned Port Intake. Resonance characteristics used to increase airflow.
>
>TBI = Throttle Body Injection.  One or more injectors located at the
throttle body.  Basically a more efficient carb. Also called CFI