Hex

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Mon Nov 8 14:34:38 GMT 1999

Windows 95 and 98 came with a "calc" utility which, when put into the
"scientific" mode contains a hex convertor. use smaller numbers and
check your thinking that way... it might help as a start.

Excel has the hex2dec and dec2hex function but you need to install
some uncommon (not default) modules from the CD.

keep at it... it gets funner. ;-)

> From:          "Geoff Richards" <geoffsue at one.net.au>
> To:            <gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
> Subject:       Hex
> Date:          Mon, 8 Nov 1999 21:01:51 +1100

> Guys
> I am in the process of learning / understanding hexadecimal and was
> wondering if you could tell me if I am wrong (most likely) or right (not
> likely )
> 77a =1792 multiplied ( I cant find times key ) by 112 multiplied by 10
> =2007040 decimal ?
> Geoff Richards

~~~
Dave Z. www.delanet.com/~tgp