Using TBI on moded 5.7

Mike Vannorsdel vannorsdel at rmi.net
Tue Nov 9 03:01:26 GMT 1999

First I'd like to thank all the listers since the responses have been
outstanding.
    The volts from the TPS are measured at the TPS with a digital volt meter.
The power supply to the TPS reads 4.5v.  The idle problems are with an up then
down idle.  It seems to be from a rich condition.  I have removed the idle
screw plug and have attempted to adjust the IAC but can't get the idle to be
stable enough.  I haven't tested fuel pressure yet.  The distributor doesn't
show any problems in base mode at idle but I haven't checked at different
RPMs.  I can actually see puddling on the throttle plates at idle.  I'm
thinking the high TPS idle reading is causing this.  The only problems are with
hesitation and erratic idle.  Otherwise all is great.  Could leaving out the
PCV cause problems?  I'll look over the wiring to the TPS and do some ignition
and fuel pressure checks.