Using TBI on moded 5.7

CSH-HQ nacelp at jvlnet.com
Tue Nov 9 12:42:47 GMT 1999

Just hate it when I can't pick a post apart <g>.. Good info., and seems
to line up with what I've found.

  If you want to get a rough eye-ball on the spray pattern/quality, just
use a timing light off of 1-6 ona SBC.  Will give good clearty about where
the cone ends, and if the injector is dripping heavily when it should be
spraying (really large gobbules).

  Also, if you machine for bigger butterflies, you'll need to do the above
to set the spacing for the injectors.  When you install the larger
butterflies the "cone" winds up totally on the buterfly instead of at the
"air gap" where the butterfly is closest to the throttle bore.  Going from
1.8s to 2.0 took raising the injectors about 1/8" inch...
Grumpy
    Was getting to want to almost bypass the Smokey Ram, and go TPI, but this
SR, 730, and high pressure injectors is starting to sound really
good/different...
    Might have to get the 200R4 finished, change gears, and tighter
converter now!!
    Hey Doc, where's the Predisone?.