ECM fault?

Mike Rolica mrolica at meridian-mag.com
Tue Nov 9 15:00:06 GMT 1999

Umm just a simple though for a simple check... take the drive belt off and
see if it does it then :-)  reason:  on my 2.8 v6.. alternator kept pulling
down rpm cause ver and bearings were bad, same sort of thing  ECM supposed
to compensate for it but was too much load causing it also to be rich.
Later I had the same problem with the air pump.. one of divert valves was
bad.. would build up pressure the blow off relief causing idle to go up...
down.... Up.... Down...
Don't always point to ECM.... Problem is these days too many people
including most shops depend on their scanner too much.. Weakest and most
unreliable part of a motor is the mech. parts... not the electrical  Check
things that wear, or move first,  even if it has been replaced,  don't
automatically rule things out just because you replaced them too.  Keep
going over this, starting over 2, 3 5, maybe 10 times, until you are 200%
sure check recheck,  rarity is for ecm's, electrical parts to go bad under
normal use.
Mike Rolica
EXT. 260
 :-)