ECM fault?

Akselrud, Boris AkselruB at moodys.com
Tue Nov 9 15:55:41 GMT 1999

It has always been like that since I've got the car 3 years ago (it was made
in 1993).

I am very electronically/microprocessor inclined, however my experience with
engine mechanics/functionality is close to 0. It became better, though, over
these tree years that I am trying to battle this problem.

I replaced EGR valve with a new one at some point.

My brother says there are no vacuum leak, bad PCV valve and he has been an
auto mechanic since day 1. However I wish I could check it myself just to
make sure. I don't know how. I understand that looking for a vacuum leak
which can be anywhere is very difficult task. How do I check PCV valve?

Thanks for responding.