EGT Sensors

Patrick G. Moore pmoore at cmr.gov
Tue Nov 9 16:28:48 GMT 1999

Try http://www.aircraft-spruce.com

They carry quite a few.  I got a Westach EGT probe
and gauge from them.  I think you can get the EGT
probe that comes with a clamp and fairly long lead
for about $20.  This is a standard K? type thermocouple
that outputs a voltage based on the temp difference
between the sampled lead ends and the hot end.  The
output vs temp you can probably find online somewhere
as this is a fairly common type of probe.  The non-
compensated gauge I purchased says it's 1 deg off
for every 1 deg from 76? that the measured leads
are at.

It would be cool to measure and record it on a laptop.

See Ya
Pat