ECM fault?

Akselrud, Boris AkselruB at moodys.com
Tue Nov 9 18:57:07 GMT 1999

I've checked this out too at some point. I even went as far as checking
pressure in exaust manifold. I don't remember the figures now, but it was
almost non existant comparing to the numbers in the service manual.

I am pretty sure that there are no holes in the exaust system. However I
have doubts about catalytic converter. Exaust sounds kind of loud and
humming at some RPM. Could failure of catalytic converter cause O2 sensor to
misbehave and react slowly? I've been through this hypotesis before, but the
problem is that to test it I need to put a new catalytic converter in, which
is not cheap.