ECM fault?

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 9 19:45:08 GMT 1999

At 01:49 PM 11/9/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Deposits building up on throttles is a major cause of drivability problems.
>Most new cars come with factory applied resin in the throttle which should
>not be cleaned off.

Actually it's a teflon coating...
Gunk and several other manufacturers sell an "Air intake and throttle body
cleaner" that is safe for the coated TB's.  Also works well on MAF
sensors!  Fords are notorious for getting dirty and they don't use a burn
off relay to fry the gunk off when you shut off the car.

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!