Injector Confusion

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Wed Nov 10 00:30:20 GMT 1999

I just did some looking in the archives, and now understand the difference
between peak-hold and saturated injectors.   What I'm missing are the
advantages of using p-h units in a ECM which was originally setup for
saturated, eg. 165/730's.

>From what I understand, p-h's are more controllable at shorter pulse
widths.   So, wouldn't a ECM cal'd for saturated avoid or at least
compensate for the saturated units which can't work as well with short
pulse widths?

Does a p-h injector flow more (read: volume of fuel) for a given opening
time than a saturated?

--> Bob Valentine
--> bob at tecmark.com