ECM fault?

Akselrud, Boris AkselruB at moodys.com
Wed Nov 10 13:59:43 GMT 1999

I think that IAT sensor does differ from ECT by more than 5 degrees, because
air intake is made from outside, not from the hose close to the engine. The
valve that makes the switch between outside air and hot air heated by the
engine is disconnected. They told me it does not make any difference and it
would be just fine to always get outside air. But would it really cause the
idle to oscillate?

I don't have the numbers for long term fuel correction at idle right now,
I'll check and post it later.

The mechanical condition seems to be good, it runs quiet, the only problem
that exaust is kind of loud.

I don't recall the figures for vacuum, but recently we tried to connect a
reciever between MAP sensor and input manifold. We used a relatively rigid
plastic bottle. It squashed it right away.

I know that vacuum fluctuates along with idle fluctuation. Should it not???

I think charging is fairly consistend, I dont see any effects of lights or
other electrical load on the engine. I would have noticed.

A/C pressure switch was replaced with new and this past summer A/C system
was discharged/charged multiple times to correct pressure. I have also tried
to run without belt, which would eliminate this variable (needless to say
that it was without any effect on idle).

A/C on/off is working properly and scan tool is fine with that.

What's P/N switch???