EGT Sensors

Patrick G. Moore pmoore at cmr.gov
Wed Nov 10 16:45:23 GMT 1999

Todd....!! wrote:

> Sounds like a GREAT device!
>
> Where can we buy these hose clamp type EGT sensors?
>
> What company?
>
> And maybe approx price of one?
>
> ANY clues would be GREAT!
>
> THNX alot for the tip!
>
> LATER!
>
> Todd....
> mailtotlewis at airmail.net
>
> Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com wrote:
> >
> > The K type thermocouple (yellow/red wires) reads up to 2500 deg F
> > The  J type (white/red wires) reads up to 1900 deg F you can buy
> > thermocouples that are welded to a hoseclamp.
> > Drill a hole in the header tube, insert the TC tighten the hoseclamp and
> > your all set.

Hi Todd
Maybe you didn't see my earlier e-mail. Here it is again, this is
what they are talking about.

Try http://www.aircraft-spruce.com

They carry quite a few.  I got a Westach EGT probe
and gauge from them.  I think you can get the EGT
probe that comes with a clamp and fairly long lead
for about $20.  This is a standard K? type thermocouple
that outputs a voltage based on the temp difference
between the sampled lead ends and the hot end.  The
output vs temp you can probably find online somewhere
as this is a fairly common type of probe.  The non-
compensated gauge I purchased says it's 1 deg off
for every 1 deg from 76? that the measured leads
are at.

It would be cool to measure and record it on a laptop.

See Ya
Pat