ECM fault? Marginally GMECM

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 10 16:55:40 GMT 1999

At 11:39 AM 11/10/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>I understand that there is constant need for ECM to support 14.7.:1 AFR and
>all by itself it is not stable and requires a continuous feedback to
>support.
>But it appears that ECM over/under compensating and this is what is pushing
>idle in and out of the limits.

What limits, Your limits?  If the idle exceeded the "limits" programmed
into the ECM, you'd set a code and have the check engine light on.  You
still have never stated how many RPM the engine idle varies.  No requests
for info have been answered yet, and there is no way to troubleshoot the
problem without data.
David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!