DIC Project

Kevin Margitta speakerconnection at home.com
Wed Nov 10 23:40:08 GMT 1999

Hey all,

I'm currently working on a DIC project which will give info such as
instantaneous mpg, average mpg, Distance to Empty, etc etc etc. The ecm I am
basing it on is from a 92 -93 Vin 1 motor. (3800 V6 supercharged).  From
what I understand, the "normal messages" from the aldl stream puts out
information such as Vbat, Coolant temp, Fuel Used, Fuel Flow rate...

The reason I'm writing this :  I am wondering if there is anyone on the list
that is very farmiliar with the normal messages sent by the ecm for the DIC
on most GM applications from the early 90's.. if so.. I'd really appreciate
any help from anyone... and of course.. will be more than glad to post the
source code for the project.. which is based on a 6812B32, and a 4 x 20 VFD
display.

Cheers,

Kevin