Suggestions Please

Mike Rolica mrolica at meridian-mag.com
Fri Nov 12 13:49:25 GMT 1999

Hey I'm your expert here if you want to know how to stuff that engine into a
4x4
Few things to remember. Do not buy the crap from JTR or Advanced adapters.
They offset the engine and play havoc on u joints if you have any sort of
power.  For ECM try to stay with a simpler model until you understand them
fully the p6's are fairly hard to learn and not a whole lot of
documentation.  Try a 730 Tpi type or a 747 for a TBI.
Things you will need
1.	Custom oil pan.... Can build one if you know how to ting weld, if
not I could make you one  (got pictures of mine)
2.	Motor mount brackets
3.	Custom rad
4.	Tranny cooler
5.	Shifter (B&m hammer works good for 4spd) that is if you want a floor
shifter
6.	89 and up 700r4 from 4x4 4.3 auto blazer or s10 (can use your
existing transfer case)
7.	wiring harness (can integrate it into yours using your fuse panel)
8.	Vss if no cruise originally
9.	Headers  (used headmans for a 2x4)
10.	Electric fans- Can show you my setup ...Rads& fans for s10 4x4 v8 is
around $1300 can.  (4 core hand built alum rad)

A few questions. Does it have air cruise tilt?  What is your budget? How
much power you look for  what is it's use going to be?
Have done my install twice and have done 4 other 4x4's and 3 2x4's
JTR  and advanced adapters sucks your money.. been down that road before,
they ooffer little or no supportonce they get your cash
I'm free,   (Hate 2.8v6's with passion like s10's (esp 4x4) love v8's and
am, infactuated with efi (esp TPI)

Mike Rolica
EXT. 260
 :-)