Suggestions Please

Mike Rolica mrolica at meridian-mag.com
Fri Nov 12 15:54:32 GMT 1999

I agree with Bruce on the L98.  The Lt1 makes good top end power but bottom
end and torque sucks compared to an Lt1.  If you are going to use a truck as
a truck than you want that torque.  The documentation on the Lt1 Ecm is far
and few between. Especially for the newer OBD2.  Like Bruce said, Lt1 does
cost a lot more to build to get the same power.  Ive done all four. The L98
the Lt1 the LS1 and the Lt5.  (ranking from least difficult and expensive to
most)  I make less than 400hp but I'de take it up against a 450hp Lt1 in a
s10 any day!  The Tpi Has sort of been forgotten and Lt1 is now all the
rage.  It depends on what you want to use the vehicle for.
Personally I find that a 4x4 s15/10 does not handle worth a crap after 80mph
:-)   Use a Tpi a 4spd, crusie at 1800 cause you have the torque, your
engine lasts longer and your mileage will kick the crap out of a Lt1.
Mike Rolica
EXT. 260
 :-)