8cyl DIS

SPECTRO COATING CORP. spectro at ma.ultranet.com
Fri Nov 12 17:20:09 GMT 1999

Hi - I went home last night and dug out 1 of the articles I had seen on the
LS1 w/ the Northstar DIS. Car runs low tens - probably high nines w/ more
tuning

As some of you said - Why? especially considering that the LS1 already has
individual coils for each cylinder. - that was the reason I remembered
seeing it. I dunno, but it seems to me that if I had access to anything that
GM builds I'd too use whatever I thought would work best.

Maybe something to be learned here.

Anyway - the Hot Rod article stated that the engine was using the Northstar
ECM and DIS - and if you look closely you can see the the DIS pack with
ignition leads running to individual cylinders.

Now - just to throw another wrench into the works - the article I was really
looking for was in PHR or Super Chevy - I don't think I have it, but if
someone out there does please share it with us, because I think it
contradicts Hot Rod - I thought that it said they were using a different
ECM (ZR-1 perhaps?)

- Jason