Vette 165 vs F-body

Daniel Ciobota dciobota at hiwaay.net
Fri Nov 12 18:21:58 GMT 1999

Mike Rolica wrote:

> Is there any reason that anyone could think of as to why I could not use a
> vette Bin in my 165ecm rather than the stock 89 camaro one?

I believe the tables are different... especially if yours is a 305, the fuel
tables at least are different.  The 89 vette also had the computer controlled
electric fan, not sure if the camaro did.

> I see no real
> differences in the wiring harness.  Also seen something in the archives
> about using a 02 sensor.  Said something to thew effect that single wire is
> good for iron man. But a three wire is better for tubular headers??? Can I
> use a three wire? How?

I know there are people here who have rigged up a three wire sensor, but you
may not need to, especially if you buy the "shorty" headers (essentially, just
tubular manifolds).  I have a set of hedman long tubes on my vette and have had
absolutely no problems with the single wire o2 so far (it's welded on the
driver side collector).   Of course, outside temps have not dipped below 30deg
so far, so ymmv.

Daniel