Vette 165 vs F-body

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 12 18:34:34 GMT 1999

>> Is there any reason that anyone could think of as to why I could not use
>> vette Bin in my 165ecm rather than the stock 89 camaro one?
>
>I believe the tables are different... especially if yours is a 305, the
fuel
>tables at least are different.  The 89 vette also had the computer
controlled
>electric fan, not sure if the camaro did.

I'd think the tables would only be different to reflect the more aggressive
timing allowable with the 'vette's aluminum heads. 'Vettes didn't have EGR
either. '89 Camaro did have electric fans... some had dual, in fact. My
donor car did. ;) I've collected a few bins, but haven't looked at 'em in
quite some time.

-Andrew (hope to one day start hacking again on my '89 Camaro TPI setup...)