8cyl DIS

Douglas Ratcliffe dratclif at mail.ucf.edu
Fri Nov 12 18:41:28 GMT 1999

According to an article in Hot Rod Camaros this month, the 2 500+ ci big
block Camaros that were built by GM's racing ground (John Moss et al)
both used ZR1 LT5 computers with DIS.

Doug R - Black 93Z A4 3.23 - D.B. F-Body Organizer
Mods: DragRadials,Hooker 1.75" headers,Flowmaster,AS&M CAI
Mods: UD pulleys,Chip,EibachSprings,1LEswaybars,CustomMP3player
Mods: Taylor8mm ; Best time: 13.3 at 103.3 (1.93 60')
*My car: http://daytona.f-body.org/doug

>>> "SPECTRO COATING CORP." <spectro at ma.ultranet.com> 11/12/99 12:20PM

Hi - I went home last night and dug out 1 of the articles I had seen on
the
LS1 w/ the Northstar DIS. Car runs low tens - probably high nines w/
more
tuning

As some of you said - Why? especially considering that the LS1 already
has
individual coils for each cylinder. - that was the reason I remembered
seeing it. I dunno, but it seems to me that if I had access to anything
that
GM builds I'd too use whatever I thought would work best.

Maybe something to be learned here.

Anyway - the Hot Rod article stated that the engine was using the
Northstar
ECM and DIS - and if you look closely you can see the the DIS pack
with
ignition leads running to individual cylinders.

Now - just to throw another wrench into the works - the article I was
really
looking for was in PHR or Super Chevy - I don't think I have it, but
if
someone out there does please share it with us, because I think it
contradicts Hot Rod - I thought that it said they were using a
different
ECM (ZR-1 perhaps?)

- Jason