EGT Sensors and Using ECM Inputs

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at idirect.com
Sat Nov 13 02:10:08 GMT 1999

Every ECM/PCM combo is different.  Your best bet is to search the archives,
and then ask around for individuals who are playing with your particular
"box".

Mine happened to have two spare analog channels that were not being read.
Of course,  in such an instance you will have to create a software patch to
be able to physically read these channels.  Alternately, you may be able to
simply pirate a non-critical currently active channel (ie: fuel pressure
voltage) and scale the resultant A/D values to your liking.  In this later
case you will have to cal out the original (OE) systemic effect of the port
in question, and mask out certain error code parameters in order to avoid
triggering the dreaded SES light.

If you stick to some of the "known" boxes, then there is a ton of
information/advice that can be found either at DIY or GMECM.

Walt.