Auto learn code

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Tue Nov 16 03:59:55 GMT 1999

>An observation.  I think the manifold is a terrible place to put
>the MAT sensor....  (The learn code also stores the MAT sensor

Great, good thing I haven't drilled my manifold for the MAT yet.    <grin>

>At low airflow (like idle) the MAT temp is quite high.  The more
>the airflow, the lower the MAT gets.  But I think the MAT air temps
>are a lot higher than actual air temps.

Makes sense, heat soak at idle, cools off with airflow.  Hard to understand
GM sometimes.... the V8's use the MAT in the manifold, but most FWD V6 cars
have them in the air cleaner on the header panel or in the intake tract by
the maf (on maf apps).

What ECM are you using?

--> Bob Valentine
--> bob at tecmark.com