Bins for 89 305 TPI?

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 17 18:13:46 GMT 1999

At 05:58 PM 11/15/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>I've got like 7 relays, 4 new, tried rotating them all around between fuel
>pump, MAF power, and burnoff. No luck. Back-cut & soldered & patched in
>new connectors (relays & MAF) into the harness, shrink-tube & all, still
>no luck. Swapped out TPS, adjusted all different ways, no luck. I'm still
>open to suggestions though. It's definitely getting funky signal, cause
>it's rough as all get-out when it trips. I've also got a copy of the GM
>bulletins relating to TPI MAF's if anyone is interested. Hey, those relays
>could still be squirrely, I've not replaced with GM genuine parts or
>anything. Although the MAF supply voltage checks out during a trip...

Craig,
Check the ground leads in the harness... GM uses a lot of splices and they
do corrode internally causing problems.  They also do not use a *star*
grounding system with everything grounded at one point... They have MANY
grounds and they are all over.
David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!