Fast 27c128's a problem for Pocket Pro?

Craig Moates craig.moates at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 23 03:30:00 GMT 1999

Folks,

Against better advice, I purchased a pocket programmer. It works fine so far with some 150ns 27c128's I used. I purchased some 120ns chips of the same type, and received what appears to be 70ns. They are by Cypress Semiconductor. Anyhow, they don't check out on a blank-check, even after erasure for over 1 hour. The 150ns variety (different mfr. - AM..). The zero check yields 'found 00, looking for FF'. The program verify also does not check out. Haven't tried to see if programmed chips work yet. Anyone else see this? Suggestions, other than 'we told you so..'? What, do I need slower chips?

Thanks,
-Craig