Fast 27c128's a problem for Pocket Pro?

Peter Gargano peter at ntserver.techedge.com.au
Tue Nov 23 04:01:11 GMT 1999

> Craig Moates wrote:

> The zero check yields 'found 00, looking for FF'. The program verify
> also does not check out. Haven't tried to see if programmed chips work yet.

Sounds like you don't have the EPROM part you think you have
What are those numbers you say look like 27c128 70 nS parts.?

On the theme of programmers, I've been playing with a 3 chip
design that'll do all the common chips (2732..27512). I have
the 2 chip reader working (parallel port I/F, uses 74HC404
and 74LS257, programmer will add just a 74xx374 and perhaps a
transistor) - I'm interested if others have seen an existing
low chip count burner (parallel port), or if anyone wants to
share their own low chip count designs with me. I intend
making it freely available when it's working 100%.

regards,
--
Peter Gargano