Fuel Pressure and Hoses

Tom Bettiker backyard at siscom.net
Tue Nov 23 05:43:54 GMT 1999

Bob Valentine wrote:

> Also, what's everyone using for connections of high-pressure hose to steel
> line?  Is a standard brass barbed fitting ok?

 I used a set of GM hoses form a Ferio I think. They are about 20 inches long
with the fitting that mates to the fuel rails on both ends. Then I had a local
fuel line manufacturer put the proper flares on a new line set to accept the
fitting. I've tested it to 50 lbs., so far so good.
He had the tooling but had never used it, so he and I spent 5 hours one
Saturday morning figuring it out and making a custom set of stainless steel
lines. Came out rather nice I think, we were even able to use a late model GM
filter with O ring seals in the fittings. BTW, I'm putting a LT1 into a 68
camaro.

Tom