Fuel Pressure and Hoses

Mike Rolica mrolica at meridian-mag.com
Tue Nov 23 17:37:10 GMT 1999

Actually you are wrong on that one.  The compression unions I used are
Parker Part num 6 hbi2
Rated at 1500psi, at 400d Cel.!  I also used Parker JIC fittings as they are
the same as AN but steel or ss.
Maybe you should pickup a Parker 4300 series catalog some time and read it.

Also the Teflon lines are no good for gasoline as it and diesel eats them.
I have the specs right in front of me as we use this for die heater oil
lines on all or machines. And it says not for use with solvents or alkalis

Oh and you should actually read the engineering data and fine print closely
in these catalogs as it notes with ** Push-Lok hose barbs are designed for
use with Parker push-lok hose and do not require clamps.
Also they are only good for -10 to 165 d F at 150 psi is equipped with a
push lock.  You were reading what the actual coupling is rated for.  For the
push lock hose, the price per foot for petroleum service, fire resistant
350psi high tem (302d F max) is about 3 times the price of ss braided.  I
know because we carry it in our stock room for use of die water lines
series 836 or 821fr (good only to 221d C)
Mike Rolica
Meridian Magnesium Products
Strathroy, Ont
Ext. 260