Aldl Communication Again

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Wed Nov 24 07:22:57 GMT 1999

I saw something like this with a diacom I used for a bit...

my website (under the buick GN section) has a link to pictures of the graphs
during this glitch - high load, high RPM, it just goes berzerk - and the car
goes into 31 degrees retard!  It does cause I felt the power loss big time.

I learned not to trounce the throttle when it would normally shift up to
first gear, thats when it happened. I pulled back low load timing (had to do
with cam change) to fix it, it worked somewhat - i thought the 47 degree
timing was firing the charge too close to the intake valve still being open.
higher octane helped it not to happen also.  I thought maybe super-severe
knock was causing electrical noise maybe.  the problem faded, and I stopped
driving it so hard but never really found an answer..

heres the link to the scan data graphs (concatonated using a paint package -
no its no custom utility)
http://www.delanet.com/~tgp/gn/noyz.jpg  the time spacing is about 1.2
seconds per click.