O-Rings (Block) sorry no EFI

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Fri Nov 26 14:20:17 GMT 1999

Some metal o-rings are vented towards the inside so pressure seals them
tighter.  Some are sealed so temperature causes pressure inside to build.
There are also Omega rings that are shaped like the Greek letter, the open
end is towards the side to be sealed.  These sealing rings are used in
really high temperature applications.  When the Cosworth Vega engine was
developed as a racing engine, it used the sealed rings around the bores.
The block is die case so has an open deck, the perimeter was milled 0.010
inch and sealed with a bead of RTV.

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>