OBD II Scantool Project

Ernst denBroeder edenbroe at cisco.com
Fri Nov 26 15:28:11 GMT 1999

I'd like to be in on this too if people want to collaborate...  I'm working towards a similiar project but with a 68HC11 to provide some sort of rom emulation via dual port ram so that I can adjust the VE and spark tables on the fly via a dumb terminal connected to the car.  But I also had the thought of interfacing to the ALDL 8192 stream just for fun.  I kind of envision a promedit style interface running from the 6811 that works in real time instead of on bin files, and also have the ability to look at the real time ALDL data like diacom does.

Unlike you guys, I'm only working on this in the evenings after work for fun...   But I have access to losts of very cool debug tools and toys here at work.  So far I have basic sanity on my 68hc11 wire wrapped board... and I am adding parts as I go.

/Ernst denBroeder