CarMacro - Macro Processor for CarBytes

Paul Blackmore paul_blackmore at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 27 15:00:15 GMT 1999

Hi All,

The macro processor (called CarMacro) for generating ALDL commands is now
available for testing on the DIY-EFI ftp site.

Its called CarMacroV1_0_0Alpha.zip

This is a pre-release and is not yet integrated with CarBytes (I intend to
build it into CarBytes next).

Don't install this in the same directory as CarBytes, because it uses
the same CarBytes.ini file to store configuration data.

It also "hard codes" the name "vs.ald" as the configuration file.

It runs as a standalone application and provides the following features:

1. Sending multiple aldl commands together.
2. Sending many iterations of the same aldl command
3. When sending many iterations, CarMacro can be configured to
   modify each command based on the iteration being sent.
   i.e. to download a block of memory CarMacro can be configured
        to automatically send the following type of command(s):
        Item:2  Iter:1   $F4,$58,$02,$C0,$00,$F2
        Item:2  Iter:2   $F4,$58,$02,$C0,$40,$B2
        Item:2  Iter:3   $F4,$58,$02,$C0,$80,$72
        Item:2  Iter:4   $F4,$58,$02,$C0,$C0,$32
        In this way each command "asks" fro the next 64 byte block of
        memory.

4. Logging of sent and received commands.
5. Saving of binary data. This feature allows you to dump the entire
   eprom memory via the ALDL link.

See the "help" tab for a description of the macro language.

Let me know of any other features that would be nice.

Yes, I know some documentation would be nice, but all good
programmers know that documentation is the last thing that
gets written :)

Regards
Paul Blackmore