165 to late MAF

Thomas Matthews tmatthew at stny.lrun.com
Sun Nov 28 03:52:47 GMT 1999

Then either the hack is wrong, or it is a unused part of code, or the ECM
has its own Voltage to frequency converter.
Looked in my service manual for troubleshooting MAF on Chevy- 2.8's are
frequency, and you read those with a DVOM that reads freq, or a tachometer.
Bosch hot wire TPI MAF's are voltage output.
To further your testing if needed, I have a brand new Bosch 88-89 TPI MAF,
still in the box, with screens and fins still unmolested. Would be happy to
loan it out to you for the winter as it is a spare, as I won't be driving my
Bird this winter...
Tom
PS- Glad that you are home- how are you feeling?