Odp: Odp: Motronic 2.4 (BMW motorcycles)

Marek Skrzypiec elemark at priv4.onet.pl
Sun Nov 28 14:29:38 GMT 1999

Hi Nils
Sorry that you've  had to wait for my reply so long ,but  I'm very busy and
sometimes I haven't time for nothing.
First to comunicate with ECM you MUST have some scantool.It could be
stand-alone device like Bosch KTS ,Sykes-Picavant , DIY and etc , or you can
'talk' with ECM by PC using  a special inteface.That interface must ensure:
two lines - L unidirectional (PC -> ECM ), K bidirectional (PC <-> ECM);
signal levels : logic 1- 12v, logic 0 -0V , both with tolerance +/- 20%;
serial transmision with the parameters like wrote down above;
and of course the software.Mine I'm writing only in polish.
That wil be enougth to DIY scantool.
If have you any question , you can ask me .

Marek
elemark at friko4.onet.pl