EFI manifold conversion

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Mon Nov 29 00:06:26 GMT 1999

> Anybody on the list willing to do an EFI manifold conversion? I have rails,

Check out http://xephic.dynip.com/dodge/383intake.htm

You can in fact do it yourself.  I did this using www.durafix.com, an MP
torch (propane torch with MP gas - avail at welding supply store), a
drill press, and a friend's lathe.  If I can do it, anyone can. It
didn't require special tools... though boring the rod stock (I didn't
have tubing, just solid aluminum stock) required a friend of mine to
bore it lengthwise.  But, the making of the injector bungs and mounting
them was not that difficult.  Also, make them "too long", so you have
extra material inside as well as above to grind off, so you can level
them out, to the same height.  I found that easier than trying to set
them perfectly in the holes I drilled in the intake.  Check out my
pictures, as you can see it came out pretty good if I may say so.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Xephic Technology

Tele: (203) 372-2707