165-730 conversion was 165 to late MAF

Mike Rolica mrolica at meridian-mag.com
Mon Nov 29 18:37:58 GMT 1999

Speaking of 730 conversions, Got the truck converted.  Using the low octane
fuel tables as well.  Can run 87 octane  or 104.  Starts much quicker..No
more windmilling. Got prom reader/burner eraser and about 500 27c128's and
~200 27c256's and 300 27c512's all 70ns.  They were free, aunt has satellite
dish bus.  Used to use them in descramblers.!  I was putting prom in
backwards ( directions show from the bottom, I was doing it from the top
(CSH is on order)  Didn't figure it out till I was at Bruces place, seen how
it was done and just tried it at home.  Works good!  For memcal, I'm using
parts I ripped out of old PLC cabinets at work,  (got the idea of adapter
from Bruce too....Thanks!) and the old chip sawed in half with a prom socket
on it.  Hey Bruce... fits in ECM without ripping it apart <G>.

Gotta say the map is better than maf.  Probably got another 30-40hp from
3000-6000rpm and even better throttle response.
  Still have some work to do on the fuel/spark tables, but will have to wait
until the track opens.  Besides, it is snowing like hell right now, have 6".
Went out for lunch, could barely move in 4x4.

Conclusion: Almost 400hp, 2800 stall and snow = slide ride, no good for crap
even in 4x4.  Worst thing is sometimes front slides sometimes back, some
times both  and sometimes both in opp directions which means big pinner.
Mike Rolica
Meridian Magnesium Products
Strathroy, Ont
Ext. 260