MAF questions

Mike Rolica mrolica at meridian-mag.com
Mon Nov 29 19:41:54 GMT 1999

Yep normal.
Mike Rolica
Meridian Magnesium Products
Strathroy, Ont
Ext. 260

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Mike Wesley [SMTP:mwesley at mediaone.net]
	Sent:	Monday, November 29, 1999 2:28 PM
	To:	gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
	Subject:	Re: MAF questions

	David Cooley wrote:
	<snip>
	> Is there any way to alleviate the
	> contamination problem (short of going to a paper filter or a MAP
based EEC)?
	> Thanks,
	> Dave

	Sounds like an over oiled K&N. They CAN come from the factory like
that.
	The problems you have are sort of unusual.
	Also, they don't make that much power. Removing the air silencer is
	better thing to do (if you haven't already done that).

	Oh..MAF function....
	one of the elements in the MAF measures ambient air temp, the
	electronics heat the other element to 200dec C over ambient. The
current
	required to keep the hot element hot, is proportional to the
massflow
	over it.

	GM content:
	I have a 749 ECU (AKDA) that I have been playing with (think it's
out of
	a turbo truck..Syclone or Typhoon). I noticed that if I set the ID
byte
	to $AA, it bypasses the checksum routines. This normal? It did the
same
	thing on a 90 'Vette ECU I had also.

	Mike....