General TBI Question

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 29 20:04:14 GMT 1999

At 02:50 PM 11/29/1999 -0800, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>   Here is my current setup
>
>         90 Chevy 350 bored .060
>         CompuCAMS 2030 Camshaft
>         Full fulcrum Roller Rockers
>         ADS SuperChip
>
>         The Engine is in a 90 Fullsize Chey Truck, the Aircleaner lid has
> been
>flipped to make sure that it is getting enough air!
>
>THE PROBLEM
>
>         The problem that i am having is that when the engine is between  Cold
>and Warm, Not right after the engine is started, but before it is completly
>warm, when you step right off idle the engine about dies!  But if you
>floor it,
>it will stumble then run fine all the way through the RPM range!

Check Fuel pressure... Could be a bit down making it run lean.  If nothing
else, have someone (or yourself) go thru the chip and find the
"acceleration enrichment" and bump it a bit to give a bigger accelerator
pump shot.

>I have replaced the O2 Sensor,
>Replaced the TPS
>Checked the Timing
>Both Injectors seem to be squirting fine, i checked them with a timing
>light and
>there is a nice cone sprayed on each one....
>
>The engine also seems to run better cold after the bog, but when it is
>completly
>warm if feels like it has lost a little power....

Losing power when warm would be because the aircleaner lid is flipped
over... Now you suck hot air in to the intake which reduces power...  You
want a cold dense charge of air for power.

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!