Diacom Cable

dhardin at ovec.com dhardin at ovec.com
Tue Nov 30 18:20:28 GMT 1999

I usually try to stay out of most issues, but.....

Obviously if sombody is selling something by copying it that's too far.  But as
far as I am concerned  I bought a GM car and the computer and the EPROM inside
is mine not GM's.  If GM loves their cars so much they can keep them and not
sell them. I have the right to edit it,   do what ever I want to the EPROM
...post it to the world .... so long as I don't sell it as my own work or sell
it at all.  I own the car.....    If this were not true....Why doesn't GM get
mad when you change the wheels or rebuild the engine with non-GM parts?  They
have no authority over this.

however: The EPA may not like what I am doing, and that is another issue.